School health and support office
School health services
Temporary 10 month contract position in the county with fringe benefits
Date posted: 10.7.21
Closing Date : 10.21.21
Site: 791 Aquahart Road, Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061
Salary: $ 16.70 per hour
Nature of the work: Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of the School Health and Support Office, this position provides administrative and data entry support to the School Health Services COVID-19 response team. School Health COVID-19 Response Team Provides Case Investigation and Contact Tracing Assistance to Over 300 School Health Registered Nurses and Support Staff Assigned to Health Rooms in 128 Anne Arundel County Public School (AACPS) buildings, serving 85,000 students. The specific tasks assigned to this position include:
- Provides ongoing daily data entry support under the direction of the School Health COVID-19 Response Team. Uses AACPS, AACDOH and School Health apps to find and enter contact tracing and results information in a timely manner. Current applications include PowerSchool, App19, CRISP, and Google Suite.
- Participate in training and other learning opportunities to stay informed about changes to current or new applications.
- Provides general information tracking support to assist with the completion of case investigation and contact tracing for the School Health COVID-19 Response Team. Information tracking activities could include phone calls to school health staff to get missing student information related to COVID-19 cases, for example, dates, close contacts, receipt of results and grades of the doctor. Maintain records in an organized manner. Attend staff meetings virtually as scheduled.
- Participate in regular and consistent daily communication with the COVID-19 response team, including the Director, Deputy Director and Contact Tracing team regarding data entry status, feedback and trends .
- Complies with privacy requirements under FERPA, HIPAA, other federal and state laws and regulations, and school health guidelines.
- Performs office backup and data entry duties for the School Health COVID-19 Response Team at other School Health work sites as required. The employee must have transportation to other work sites on short notice during normal working hours.
- Is available during school hours as well as evenings and weekends as needed.
Education: Completion of an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
To live: Two years of experience in office tasks.
1. Additional experience in performing clerical duties may be substituted from year to year for the required training.
2. Applicants may substitute for teaching at an accredited college or university at a rate of 30 credit hours for one year of experience on an annual basis for the required experience.
3. Six months of office training with three courses on subjects such as keyboarding, office mathematics, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphic presentation, proofreading or writing. office etiquette, which can replace six months of required experience.
How to register
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed application or resume to: Isha Alston, School Health Services, 791 Aquahart Road, Third Floor, Glen Burnie, MD 21061, or email [email protected] via 21 October 2021.
An employer guaranteeing equal opportunities
You can also check out other job opportunities with Anne Arundel County
or with the State of Maryland.