American Education Services Customer Service: How It Can Help You

Find the latest on

American Education Services, or AES, only processes Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFEL) loans by collecting and tracking payments. It operates under the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency. The federal government ceased issuing FFEL loans effective June 30, 2010, so AES only processes existing loans. If American Education Services is your student loan manager, here’s what they can help you do.

  • Register to access your account online. Once you have access to it, you can contact American Education Services, access your monthly billing statements, and pay your bills.

  • Sign up for automatic payment. American Education Services may automatically deduct your payments from your bank account. Signing up for automatic payment will reduce your interest rate by 0.25%.

  • Sign up for an income-based refund. If you are eligible, you can apply income-based reimbursement, which limits your student loan payments to a percentage of your income. FFEL borrowers are only eligible for income-based repayment, which caps payment at a higher percentage of your income compared to other income-based options like Revised Pay As You Earn. (You can apply online at then recertify your income annually online as well.)

  • Process requests for adjournment and abstention. American Education Services can help you temporarily stop making payments or reduce your payment amount if you qualify. This helps you stay in good standing to avoid defaults. But during all periods of adjournment or abstention, interest can continue to grow.

  • Process consolidation requests. American Education Services can help you consolidate your FFEL loans into direct loans from the federal government. You will get a new servicer upon consolidation. Once you’ve consolidated, you can qualify for civil service loan forgiveness and additional income-based repayment plans.

  • Process monthly payments and additional payments. American Education Services will track and collect your payments. If you want to make additional payments, you can ask American Education Services (online, by phone, or by mail) to apply additional payments to your current balance. Otherwise, he can apply the additional amount to the next month’s payment instead.

Your loan manager is assigned by the US Department of Education when your loan is first disbursed at your college. The name of the company that sends you a federal loan bill each month is your service agent. If your loan repayments haven’t started or you’re not sure which company your manager is, log on to My federal student aid discover.

Service agents are there to help, but they can offer choices that are best for the business, not the borrower. This means that they cannot change the way payments are processed and may not suggest the most beneficial refund option for you. This is the most important to know your repayment options so you know the right questions to ask.

Am I stuck with American Education Services until my loans are paid off?

Loans are sometimes transferred from one server to another by the Department of Education.

You will be notified if this happens and you will manage the payments with the new server. All repairers offer the same options and programs, but customer service may differ from each other.

Otherwise, you are likely to stay with American Education Services unless you take action to change service. Use this tool to find out what might work for you.

How to reach American Education Services customer service

US Educational Services Telephone Number: 1-800-233-0557

American Education Services Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET

American Education Services address for loan payments (except repayments):

American Educational Services (AES)

Baltimore, MD 21264-5093

American Education Services address for payments:

Harrisburg, PA 17105-2251

American Education Services address for loan consolidation:

Harrisburg, PA 17105-8139

American Education Services address for general correspondence:

American Educational Services

Harrisburg, PA 17105-2461

How to complain about American educational services

If you’re having a problem with American Education Services that you couldn’t resolve, first file a complaint with its Office of Consumer Advocacy:

Pennsylvania Higher Education Aid Agency

The Office of the Defense of Consumers

If your issue is not resolved, you can also file a complaint with American Education Services at:

Make sure you keep records of the conversations you have, including the day, time, and the customer service representative you spoke with. Keep copies of all letters, invoices or emails regarding your account.

How to resolve a dispute with American Education Services

If a complaint does not help you, you can contact the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group. This method should only be used as a last resort, says the federal student aid office. Complete all the information on the Ombudsman Information Checklist before contacting. When you’re ready to do it, here’s how:

By email: US Department of Education

The Nine Federal Direct Student Loans Services

Find out about each of the federal loan managers for direct loans, including what they can do and how to contact them.

Source link

About Rachel Gooch

Check Also

Judge dismisses CU’s dismissal of allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation from former executive

Source: Shutterstock. A federal judge has dismissed a demand from the retained $ 4.3 billion …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *