Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and user-friendly, giving consumers the ability to buy now and pay later with no hidden fees or compound interest.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and user-friendly, giving consumers the ability to buy now and pay later with no hidden fees or compound interest. Are you as enthusiastic about tackling technical issues as you are building critical relationships with your customers and enjoy being in the middle of it all?
As a Senior Technical Account Manager, you will be responsible for the technical success of our largest aftermarket merchants, advising their developers, product teams and key business partners throughout the customer lifecycle. You will implement our products into the existing merchant architecture and continue to work with them as they evolve. You will not only help them avoid the pitfalls, but also benefit more from Affirm’s offerings, solving business goals with technical strategies and product optimizations. Technical Account Managers are part of the engineering team and work closely with Affirm’s Product, Operations, Customer Success and Merchant Support teams.
What you will do
- Lead technical relations for a named set of merchants within a sector or category; you will be responsible for building the trust of your technical counterparts while fostering long-term relationships with all merchant partners
- Manage and provide technical advice for new merchant integrations, reducing risk for your merchants by actively working with them to identify problematic technical approaches and driving adoption of new features and products with retail partners, including beta and drivers
- Support clients throughout their life as Affirm partners; quickly resolve critical technical issues for your accounts; multi-departmental quarterback efforts to resolve complex issues in a timely manner
- Provide early feedback to engineering and product teams while iterating on new products
- Identify areas to improve operational efficiency and integrate our merchants more quickly
What we are looking for
- More than 5 years of experience as a TAM, solutions engineer or other technical role in contact with the customer where you had key relationships with the developers
- Comfortable reading of code in at least two programming languages
- Exceptional communication skills, with a thorough command of the written word (please submit a cover letter when applying – we actually read them!)
- Confidence and fluidity when discussing technical concepts with developers
- Proven ability to lead important client relationships
- Strong project management skills, able to influence internal and external partners to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of academic achievement or equivalent practical experience
Good to have:
- Diploma in a technical major (computer science, mathematics, engineering, etc.) or bootcamp graduate
- Knowledge of the payments ecosystem
- Knowledge of web / mobile application architecture
- Comfortable writing code in at least one language
We are delighted to announce that Affirm is now a remote first business! This role can be located anywhere in the United States and Canada (except Quebec). Remote-based employees may occasionally visit an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible to all on a voluntary basis.
If you’ve come to this, we hope you feel excited about the job description you just read. Even if you think you do not meet all of the requirements, we still encourage you to apply. We look forward to meeting people who believe in Affirm’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who tick all the boxes.
At Affirm, “People come first” is a fundamental value and that is why diversity and inclusion are essential to our priorities as an employer guaranteeing equal opportunities. You can read more about our D&I program here and our progress to date in our 2019 D&I report.
We also believe “It’s On Us ”to provide an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates requiring one-on-one support during the hiring process.