The US Army Corps of Engineers in Lake Shelbyville is seeking qualified candidates to fill student vacancies for the 2022 summer recreation season.
Lake Shelbyville offers an excellent work experience opportunity for students considering a career in the biological sciences, outdoor recreation, or law enforcement.
Temporary student positions are available for graduates and students at the GS-02 level. These positions are available in interpretation services, visitor assistance, facilities / grounds maintenance, environmental stewardship and administration with an hourly rate of approximately $ 12.33 and a shift schedule. 40 hour work per week during the summer term. Candidates may be called upon to work a combination of days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Basic requirements and qualifications:
• Enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a technical or vocational school, a two- or four-year college or university, a higher or vocational school in an eligible part-time or full-time educational institution pursuing a degree or a qualification certificate
• The minimum education requirement of high school diploma or GED
• Good academic performance with a cumulative GPA of 2.0
• Transcripts and proof of enrollment / letter of acceptance
• Detailed CV showing eligibility for this position
• Obligation to sign a Pathways participant agreement
The posting of temporary student positions ends on January 5, 2022. Job advertisements are available online at www.usajobs.gov under the job ad number SWGI214791107465PI. Applicants must create a USAjobs account, create a profile and create a CV. Job postings can be located by entering the ad number in the “keyword” search query on the home page. Applicants are strongly encouraged to call the Lake Shelbyville Project office at 217-774-3951 ext 0 with any questions or assistance in applying for these positions.