Teens face felony charges for threatening Naperville High School – NBC Chicago

Two teenagers face felony charges after a threat was made against the Naperville Central High School suburb earlier this year, police said on Tuesday.

Authorities say the DuPage County District Attorney’s Office has approved disorderly conduct charges against two boys, aged 15 and 16, in connection with the threat, which was made on October 19.

“Threats of violence at school, whether written, spoken or posted on social media, are unacceptable and will not be tolerated,” Police Chief Jason Arres said in a statement.

No further details were provided on the nature of the threat, but it was one of many threats to Naperville schools this year.

Naperville North High School has been the target of threats several times this school year and was evacuated on October 15 following a threat. A New York teenager has been arrested and charged in connection with the incident, according to the Chicago Tribune.

In response to the lingering problem, officials from Aurora and Naperville sent a joint letter earlier this year asking parents to talk to their children about the seriousness of the threats to schools and the consequences that could result from such actions.

“These threats have caused significant disruption in our learning environments, diverted substantial resources to investigate and eroded the confidence of parents, students and staff in their schools as safe environments,” the letter.

Source link

About Rachel Gooch

Check Also

The Business + Higher Education roundtable launches a new WIL hub

OTTAWA, Nov. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The Business + Higher Education Roundtable (BHER) announces …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *